Discuss Cylinders: stainless or copper? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Fitted 3 in the last fortnight, 2 stainless indirects and a copper direct combination.
I like the stainless fittings, and they're cheaper. Anyone any other thoughts?

Stainless isn't a present for next installer in20 years tho !

Stainless isn't a present for next installer in20 years tho !
The bloke I served my apprenticeship with back in the early 80s used to put a deep scratch down the back of a new cylinder when installing and say to me, there's a job for me in twenty years! Poor b....er is dead now.

Stainless and copper cylinders should be about the same price at the moment.

There was a time a little while ago when stainless was quite a lot cheaper - thats when copper was $9000 / ton.

Now its back to $7100 / ton, the cylinder prices should have eased back, but I think that there is a temptation to leave the copper cylinder prices high (and very profitable) whilst allowing the stainless product to mop up the price sensitive work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cylinders: stainless or copper? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I don't live near a city and need to figure out how many rods of 56% I need to solder 3" copper to copper and come copper to stainless steel. I...
Replies
Views
Gents, It finally happened. A developer has asked for a price for the entire house to be fitted in copper with press fitting...... Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Is there a definitive answer to this? We have a stainless steel everflo unvented cylinder hooked up to a Worcester Bosch boiler, and are thinking...
Replies
Views
Where the black polyethelene service line enters this particular structure is by far the most freeze-prone area. The structure is an elevated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock