Discuss CSCS for Plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
How many of you have CSCS card? Are they only required for site work as i have heard of customers asking plumbers if they have them when turning up to their house to carry out work. Just wondering because i will try to get myself one to enhance my chances of getting work.
Thanks

As Watertight said you will never need it unless you do site work.
Plumbers CSCS cards are a part of their JIB card which also shows your grade. Unfortunately you would be unlikely to get one of those without doing an apprenticeship.

i work for balfour engineering services on site a cscs card, ipaf, pasma are a must if ya want to work on commercial and industrail plumbing plus the jib rate is 13.50 an hour for plumbers and pipefitters, your rate goes up after 41.5 hours and double rate sundays cant go wrong building schools and hospitals nowadays !!! all though i did prefer domestic work.....

you will only need one for site and contract work (domestic included), the grade of card depends on qualifications and job discription.

i think its a good idea to have one unless you are 100% sure you will only ever take on private work.

tamz says unlikely to get one without doing an apprenticeship. Is there another way of getting one? I did read that some people just get a labourers cscs to get on site but i'd rather have whats relevant to my trade

You have to send a copy of any quals to get a trade card. Mine says heating fitter even though I gave up the pipefitting In 2000 to start up plumbing.

my old contract manager got a supervisors level card and he has no qualifications, if time served people can not gain a card then thats stupid, there are plenty of time served non qualified people who are good trades men/women.

You have to send a copy of any quals to get a trade card. Mine says heating fitter even though I gave up the pipefitting In 2000 to start up plumbing.

There seems to be different organisations offering cscs cards which is the most reputable in your opinion? I may not require one for a while but i don't see the harm in getting it now. Even for plumbers mates jobs i have seen advertised through agencies they all require cscs.

Ash you can get a csr (cscs) card
Just a general construction operative that's all you will need don't know about on mainland but every collage does the course 1 day think it qasabout ÂŁ150 lasts 3 years

It cost me about ÂŁ20 for test and ÂŁ25 for card and if you need to spend ÂŁ150 on a course you shouldn't really be let out without adult supervision!

It cost me about ÂŁ20 for test and ÂŁ25 for card and if you need to spend ÂŁ150 on a course you shouldn't really be let out without adult supervision!

Maybe I need adult supervision lol
I live in northern Ireland that's what it costs for everyone here
Maybe I should ring where I did my acs and ask them for some money back too what do you think LEELISTER6 would you be a responsible adult and ring for me

The questions they ask on the test are a complete joke! Frinstance, " You are see a rat in the workplace, do you: A) report the sighting to a supervisor, B) take a cat to work, C) throw a brick at it or D) take an extra sandwich. How does that justify having to fork out yet more cash for a card that proves you've got the sense to take an extra sarnie to work for the rat?!:banghead:

Last edited:
It honestly took me 9 minutes to answer all the questions on the computer at the centre in Sheffield. It took me longer to find a parking space than it did to do the test. A complete joke!!

A lot of the questions are stupidly easy but there are some that may make you think.
Here is one

A plumber is working in a riser in a hotel development, access should be controlled by:
A The main contractor
B A site security officer
C The person working in it
D A permit to work system

you defo need to know the colour bandings on fire extinga,s and what type of fire to use what extinga on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CSCS for Plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back