Search the forum,

Discuss copper pipe clips what do you recommend for 22mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Morning all.

I am running some 22mm copper later today, I normally use Talon clips from screw fix, as you can add on spacer blocks for the gap, what other plastic clips do you uses, recommend? I have some munsen rings for an outside run.

Thanks in advance!

Talon clips also for me, though they don't look great clips. I like that there are spacer blocks available for bringing them out from wall if needed.
The Munsen rings are hardy for outside, but I hate that they need two accurate holes drilled.
The rubber lined Munsen rings make a nice job for inside work, especially hot pipes as they have the rubber around the pipes.
I prefer clips that only need one centre fixing.
Have you tried the masonry single bolt fixings for these for interior work?
You can get a male threaded stud for clip to screw directly on or a female thread, for to use whatever length of thread you can cut.
You just need to drill one pilot hole for centre of clip in solid walls and use an impact driver to drive the fixing in. Very simple and strong way of installing a lot of pipe runs and only needs a centre line marked or use a laser to mark your drill points.

Last edited:
BES does, or used to do, a plastic locking clip that looks nicer than the Talon locking and interlocking clip, but feels weak and so I bought them just once to see what I thought of them and have stuck to Talon since.

Sometimes an offcut of 15mm pipe behind the clip makes a better spacer than the Talon spacers as you can make the precise thickness you need - handy for uneven walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to copper pipe clips what do you recommend for 22mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a copper 22mm gas pipe about 10m long fitted to the outside wall by a Gas engineer using plastic clips with spacers. The clips have become brittle with age and are breaking up. The pipe passes through the brickwork and has no flex in it. Any ideas on how I can replace these clips as the...
Replies
Views
UK 6
I wish to add a second boiler to my existing meter. Location 20m away. Underground run. Can l use 32mm yellow pipe with copper tails at each end. Thank you in advance
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
What is the recommended way to conceal a 1.5M, 40mm shower waste pipe? We have 30mm gap behind the plasterboard which will be renewed. Would you chase the block 10mm or go into the concrete floor? What are the safety concerns of doing either? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the process of renovating a property and have the floorboards up installing cabling etc, however it is the plumbing that I have to question and would like some advice if possible. The issue has been bugging me for ages as the house is my later fathers and I have always wondered...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock