Search the forum,

Discuss Cooker hose touching oven in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaybead

I just had my gas cooker installed and noticed the hose slightly touches the bottom part of the oven - is that fine or should the hose not be touching the cooker at all?

Not a problem. There isn't really any way of stopping that unless you leave the cooker stuck out into the room.

post a picture of the hose/installation if possible.

the wall plate should be 750mm off the floor and the isolator/baynet should face side ways parallel to the wall (not sticking out) unless the appliances instructions requires different. The hose should hang down in a u shape and not touch the floor or have any strain put onto it.

Thank you Mike, good to know that it's not a problem for the hose to touch the cooker slightly at the bottom of the cooker - was worried it might melt.

Thank you for your advice AWheating - I couldn't take a clear picture however all seems probably ok with my setup as you described it. Hose doesn't touch the floor, it's a couple or so inches above it. I measured and the fixed pipe with the bayonet fitting is 68cm from the ground, and the bayonet socket is indeed facing sideways parallel.

sounds ok then, just make sure where the hose touches its not to hot and it should be fine. domestic hoses are rated at 70 degree abient temp and 95 degree touch temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cooker hose touching oven in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, my mother had an electric cooker installed yesterday. The guy who fitted it said it shouldn't be close to the gas pipe but it is. The red...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon. I got a new Mapress gas installation in my catering business. All end points are 1/2" the main tubing is 32mm. Some appliances...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just after some advice please. I have a small outdoor gas pizza oven with the below connector. I also have the below connector (and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock