Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Appliance tube size in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon. I got a new Mapress gas installation in my catering business. All end points are 1/2" the main tubing is 32mm.
Some appliances have 3/4" hoses connected by previous owners /installers, although their inner tubing is 1/2" too - including the 6 burner/ 1 oven range cooker.
Does the use of these 3/4" hoses makes any sense? Or would you fit 1/2" all around?
From my logic I would install 1/2" on all -

We do commercial kitchens though mostly bigger than yours,
Everything should be sized for rating of the appliances your using that includes hoses.
Out of interest what interlock system have you fitted? We use S@S Northern much more reliable by not using air pressure switches.

As above all depends on the kw /m3/h load on each appliance

We do commercial kitchens though mostly bigger than yours,
Everything should be sized for rating of the appliances your using that includes hoses.
Out of interest what interlock system have you fitted? We use S@S Northern much more reliable by not using air pressure switches.
First thank you for your fast response.
We use our own custom build current sensing interlock system with integrated single and 3 phase speed controller, which also integrates our fire alarm system.
The valve opens after reaching a specific airflow in both systems (extraction and ventilation), can be interrupted using an emergency button in the kitchen, but also shuts down the fans in case the fire alarm goes off

Reply to Gas Appliance tube size in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock