Discuss Constant air in central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those manual vents are irrelevant and are only to remove air from those pipes on system fill up.
The thermostat operating fire pump is on wrong place, - should be on return at cylinder.
Whoever did the gas boiler is responsible for the air in system, but connecting into dual heating systems is a bit of a minefield and rarely are dual systems actually properly designed or piped.
I assume the cylinder has 2 coils?

Hard to tell from the pictures Geoff how the two systems are joined ? the vents and cold feed should be on the negative side of the pumps the pump on the boiler is on the return into the boiler where does the vent and cold feed connect probably a design error there somewhere. Cheers kop

Those manual vents are irrelevant and are only to remove air from those pipes on system fill up.
The thermostat operating fire pump is on wrong place, - should be on return at cylinder.
Whoever did the gas boiler is responsible for the air in system, but connecting into dual heating systems is a bit of a minefield and rarely are dual systems actually properly designed or piped.
I assume the cylinder has 2 coils?

Not sure about the coils to be honest. What I have recently noticed is that the thermostat connected to the downstairs stove when turned off and on seems to turn the gas burner off and on as well. Don't think this is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Constant air in central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock