Discuss Connecting flexible tap tails to isolation valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

900mm even. The BES website is pretty poor, so I phone in my orders these days and use the catalogue. If you get a WRAS one you shouldn't go far wrong.

I meant use a 15mm x 1/2” male straight.
The threads are actually 1/2” both sides, but one end has a flat face which will suit flat washer end of flexi.
Other end is for 15mm copper
Haha. Blinking ek, I'm more confused now. Haha t
"The threads are actually ½" both sides...other end is for 15mm.
What is actually being measured at ½" if it's a 15mm pipe.
Sorry. I'm very curious and like to learn new stuff
D

It will fit it. A radiator rail is actually 15mm ‘pipe’ and with a 1/2” male thread end
But isn't designed for potable water, probably. And won't serve a purpose: if the point of using a rad tail valve is to avoid putting a 1/2" threaded flexi onto a thread that's really designed for a compression olive, then I can't see the advantage of screwing onto a thread that's really designed for putting into a radiator and thread sealing. It's possibly a taper fitting too.

900mm even. The BES website is pretty poor, so I phone in my orders these days and use the catalogue. If you get a WRAS one you shouldn't go far wrong.
Thanks. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow. I'm wondering if longer monobloc tails would be easier or wiser. But then, I bet some rad tails would be cheaper.

1/2" is 1/2" BSP thread. So called because the nominal bore of steel pipe onto which such thread would be cut (still used in commercial heating applications) is 1/2". Welcome to plumbing :)

Right. So you have a monobloc tap with 10mm thread? Would have been useful to put that in your opening post. Anyway, it's late. I'm going back to my Charlotte Bronte novel and then bed.

But isn't designed for potable water, probably. And won't serve a purpose: if the point of using a rad tail valve is to avoid putting a 1/2" threaded flexi onto a thread that's really designed for a compression olive, then I can't see the advantage of screwing onto a thread that's really designed for putting into a radiator and thread sealing. It's possibly a taper fitting too.
Welcome to plumbing you say...
I wish I'd never asked now. Haha.
You lost me with this post. I can only imagine it was for meant for those other contributors, who actually know something. Haha
Thanks again.

Reply to Connecting flexible tap tails to isolation valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a problem with my flexible pipes on my sink. They need replacing but we are going on holiday so won't be able to get this done till we...
Replies
Views
I looked around the forms but didn't find what I was looking for apologies if this has been asked here before. My new tap tails seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have bought a new tap for my kitchen as the old one is leaking and not working very well even after changing the cartridge. The current...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wish I had X-ray vision. My customer has an old concealed shower valve, with a concealed shower hose connection. There is a dribble from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock