Discuss Connecting flexible tap tails to isolation valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.
Just discovered the flexible tap tails are too short to reach the isolation valves by about 60mm. When I did the same type of job at my house, I learnt that using a tap tail connector is better than connecting directly to the iso valve, with its sharp edge. However, these are too short to make up the 60mm difference.
So, can a I use a radiator valve extension such as this
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/tesla...SJK6BM4mDFV1N6M8mxPfgIwoePj1Ul4RoCgnQQAvD_BwE

I tried looking for longer 500mm tap tails, but no one seems to sell them. Well, there are placed on eBay and Amazon, but I worry about quality.

Anyone got any ideas.
Many thanks
D

ae235.jpeg

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/jg-sp...p-connector-hoses-15mm-x-x-300mm-2-pack/9938g

Then just use a bit of copper the required size out of the Iso ?

Or just extend the pipe from your iso valves (using the iso valves nut and olive to connect) and then use a male straight fitting (1/2” x 15mm) if connecting to a tap flexi that has the nut and flat rubber washer end

Hi all.
Just discovered the flexible tap tails are too short to reach the isolation valves by about 60mm. When I did the same type of job at my house, I learnt that using a tap tail connector is better than connecting directly to the iso valve, with its sharp edge. However, these are too short to make up the 60mm difference.
So, can a I use a radiator valve extension such as this
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/tesla...SJK6BM4mDFV1N6M8mxPfgIwoePj1Ul4RoCgnQQAvD_BwE

I tried looking for longer 500mm tap tails, but no one seems to sell them. Well, there are placed on eBay and Amazon, but I worry about quality.

Anyone got any ideas.
Many thanks
D

View attachment 35457

They will be fine.

Get WRAS approved flexible tap tails form BES. Quality should be good. And if your tap tails are speedshit, then speedshit onto chrome is a no no.

Hi Cos. Did you mean replace the flexible Monobloc tap tails with your suggested speedfit Flexi tap connector. 15mm X ½"?
Forgive my ignorance, but I don't see how they would work. There appears to be no 10mm thread to connect to the tap and they are only 300mm long. The ones currently in use are 400mm long and around 60mm too short.

And to Best..
Was my suggestion doable? I've just noticed it reads 15mm x 15mm and not 15mm X ½". I'm confused by the measurements

15mm would refer to a compression or speedshit connexion. 1/2" would be a BSP threaded connexion as you would usually find on the isolators.

Hi Cos. Did you mean replace the flexible Monobloc tap tails with your suggested speedfit Flexi tap connector. 15mm X ½"?
Forgive my ignorance, but I don't see how they would work. There appears to be no 10mm thread to connect to the tap and they are only 300mm long. The ones currently in use are 400mm long and around 60mm too short.

And to Best..
Was my suggestion doable? I've just noticed it reads 15mm x 15mm and not 15mm X ½". I'm confused by the measurements

I meant use a 15mm x 1/2” male straight.
The threads are actually 1/2” both sides, but one end has a flat face which will suit flat washer end of flexi.
Other end is for 15mm copper

Reply to Connecting flexible tap tails to isolation valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a problem with my flexible pipes on my sink. They need replacing but we are going on holiday so won't be able to get this done till we...
Replies
Views
I looked around the forms but didn't find what I was looking for apologies if this has been asked here before. My new tap tails seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have bought a new tap for my kitchen as the old one is leaking and not working very well even after changing the cartridge. The current...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wish I had X-ray vision. My customer has an old concealed shower valve, with a concealed shower hose connection. There is a dribble from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock