Search the forum,

Discuss concealed cisterns in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
got a job with 3 concealed cisterns and back to wall pans (Victoria plumb) rhymes with bum but I hate her more than that anyway got to fit all this bathroom furniture has anyone found a good way to easily fit this concealed stuff got the first toilet in and not leaking only to find seat has to go on before fitting so I will take it out and start again it seems to be the flush pipe is the main culprit it needs to be held steady when the pan is pushed in just for fun its got those floor fixings so I cant just slide it back all ideals greatly appreciated

Fix the pan first BB. obs leave enough room for the panel to drop in behind it. Cut a " n " shape in that panel so it drops over the flush pipe when it is in place. You can then fit the cistern and flush pipe easypeasy.

Fix the pan first BB. obs leave enough room for the panel to drop in behind it. Cut a " n " shape in that panel so it drops over the flush pipe when it is in place. You can then fit the cistern and flush pipe easypeasy.

All well and good but some of the naff ones the lower panel dosent come off

No way? Well that sucks. Dare I say it I have not seen one of those yet. Wirquin make a flexible flush pipe but I suspect it may be pants.

flush pipe.JPG

The Grohe cisterns come with a rubber lined clip that has a bracket back to the wall. Thus fixes the flush pipe in place.
You could make one with a 32mm rubber lined Munson ring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 17
the panel is one piece when I become a genius on this muck I shall crayon my findings to the site from the funny farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to concealed cisterns in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

With a toilet fit to a concealed cistern vanity were the front panel slides up if you need access it at later date and fitting Is it advisable to...
Replies
Views
I have a pneumatic concealed cistern behind a removable vanity panel. I pulled the panel off to investigate a dull knocking noise when the cistern...
Replies
Views
I’d like to replace the toilet in my house with a back to wall one. The plan is to build a panel on stud work to conceal the cistern and then use...
Replies
Views
See attached pics of this cistern this is a VP slimline concealed cistern can you please tell me what I have here . . . The part that has...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock