Discuss Cold water pressure in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gates1979

I am having problems with the cold water supply in my bathroom. To start with the toilet takes ages to fill once it has been flushed i understand this could be a washer problem but also the cold tap on the bath trickles out if opened more than half way and finally the shower which is a Mira advance thermostatic keeps flashing up low pressure. The cold supply is mains fed and the stop tap downstairs is fully open and all valves are open to. Any ideas as i need to get this sorted

what is the cold water pressure in the house? 1,2 or 3 or more bar?

if you have a low standing pressure, you could have a burst pipe somewhere on the main supply..

the water board are red hot on finding leaks, give them a call and they should atleast come out and check it for you for free..

I presume that this problem has developed only recently, and otherwise the water pressure is good?

if so could be due to water board working in your area (give them a call) Or as stated some kind of leak . . . Still it would have to be huge leak to affect the pressure so . . .

Is all the affected water supply mains, or do you have stored as well?

Do the water board ever work late night ,as have noticed
low pressure at 2am in morning a couple of times ?

Has yet to be hose pipe weather yet !
icon11.png
icon11.png
icon11.png

No stored water its all mains fed

Is the pressure low at all outlets? Any particular times of day? Have you had any work done recently?

Check that all valves are fully opened and ISO valves are opened properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold water pressure in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock