Discuss Cold morning start up problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check motor capacitor
Thanks - I've been back to this again yesterday and the settings have completely changed.
Now I cannot get the CO2 below 11.7% and I've had to drop the pressure from 125psi to 100psi. Doesn't matter what I do to the pump, or the air settings, it seems to have no effect at all.
Every time it starts up it stutters momentarily then fires with a big Whoomph.
I had the analyser gong from 12.3 to 11.7 and back again. It even went as high as 13 on one occasion.
If I can't sort it soon, I'll be fitting a new burner for him :)

What type of burner is on it, did you run it with the snorkel off to see what the co2 is at

It could be recycling flue gases. If it shudders on ingnition with abit of a boom it could be over aired . Sounds like a head scratcher.

Some ideas, -
Disconnect any air snorkel.
or
Replace nozzle, as even a brand new nozzle could be faulty or get damaged
or
Check if air shutter is actually moving
Check air route including fan and to blast tube is all clear and no dead mouse, etc.
Consider possibility burner motor might be running slow, although unlikely.
Keep oil pressure to what it should be, - really best it is at the higher setting

Last edited:
photo.JPG
I had a mouse break down. Autopsy report said "electrodes working well"

Some ideas, -
Disconnect any air snorkel.
or
Replace nozzle, as even a brand new nozzle could be faulty or get damaged
or
Check if air shutter is actually moving
Check air route including fan and to blast tube is all clear and no dead mouse, etc.
Consider possibility burner motor might be running slow, although unlikely.
Keep oil pressure to what it should be, - really best it is at the higher setting
New nozzle at service around 6 weeks ago. Changed it again when I changed the pump. Nothing in the airways, Motor appears to be running well, and the air shutter look as though it's moving but I didn't take it apart to check so that might be the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold morning start up problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock