Search the forum,

Discuss Co/co2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sooo...

Let's say you go do a gas safety and the boiler has the following readings on the analyser:

Co: 346
Co2: 10.8
Ratio: 0.0032

Would you

A) AR it
B) pass it and recommend a service
C) pass it with no recommendations
D) ID it

like he said..what is ppm .lol

surley, it depends on boiler and class!

some state co reading only, ideals different to baxi or is it open flue?????
the ratio is bordering though so i would be looking at the flue with that co2 reading or heat shields/path!
if its cast then sooted up?

then again i am just guessing on a conundrum and go with A because its getting there.lol

Without looking in my book I'd guess at C but as it is so close to being over the co limit and ratio I would still recommend a service.

Airside ok? Service and investigate if not it goes off. Readings will never be that high if all is OK.

It was a vaillant ecotec pro 24.. My book says max ratio is 0.008 so technically the boiler is well within the safe limits.. So I passed it with a recommendation for a service to bring the co level down.. Just wondered what you guys would have done ... On another not I just changed my email address and now I'm not getting notifications of replies to my threads :/

I came across a worcester with readings like that and it just needed adjustments made to the gas valve to sort it out.

Screenshot_2016-03-21-20-34-35.jpg

Every reading is too high. It may need gas valve adjustment but I also think it needs a clean or recirculation of poc is happening.

Last edited:
I had a Baxi with very high co.....turned out to be a flue seal, but the custard was on holiday so just turned it off until it was replaced.

Bloody hell, you gas lot get away with murder. I'm not happy on the oil unless the co is under 20 ppm.

Bloody hell, you gas lot get away with murder. I'm not happy on the oil unless the co is under 20 ppm.

anything over 100 and theres something wrong with condensing boilers

Unless stated in MI's it's 0.008, anything over 0.004 then full service recommended but if it's under 0.008 and MI's don't mention FGA ( so basically all the old ****e ) then you can pass safe if all other checks are as they should be

I thought it was a blanket 0.004 now?

Its always been 0.004
0.008 is only allowed after a service to allow for all shiite flying about. Although never had one go up after a service

Seems to be a bit of confusion over this so there ya go.

Its been this for ages
Lifted from TB 126

9ca6e980399cbafee366dc09e7107866.jpg

Its always been 0.004
0.008 is only allowed after a service to allow for all shiite flying about. Although never had one go up after a service

I spoke to gas safe to clarify this and they said its 0.008 and always has been. It's only 0.004 when MI states which is basically all high efficiency boilers. If MIs don't mention FGA at all then you don't have to do it, as long as other checks fall in line

Why would you fga a standard efficiency boiler ? Unless the mi's request it naturally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Co/co2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock