Discuss Co/co2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sooo...

Let's say you go do a gas safety and the boiler has the following readings on the analyser:

Co: 346
Co2: 10.8
Ratio: 0.0032

Would you

A) AR it
B) pass it and recommend a service
C) pass it with no recommendations
D) ID it

like he said..what is ppm .lol

surley, it depends on boiler and class!

some state co reading only, ideals different to baxi or is it open flue?????
the ratio is bordering though so i would be looking at the flue with that co2 reading or heat shields/path!
if its cast then sooted up?

then again i am just guessing on a conundrum and go with A because its getting there.lol

Without looking in my book I'd guess at C but as it is so close to being over the co limit and ratio I would still recommend a service.

Airside ok? Service and investigate if not it goes off. Readings will never be that high if all is OK.

It was a vaillant ecotec pro 24.. My book says max ratio is 0.008 so technically the boiler is well within the safe limits.. So I passed it with a recommendation for a service to bring the co level down.. Just wondered what you guys would have done ... On another not I just changed my email address and now I'm not getting notifications of replies to my threads :/

I came across a worcester with readings like that and it just needed adjustments made to the gas valve to sort it out.

Screenshot_2016-03-21-20-34-35.jpg

Every reading is too high. It may need gas valve adjustment but I also think it needs a clean or recirculation of poc is happening.

Last edited:
I had a Baxi with very high co.....turned out to be a flue seal, but the custard was on holiday so just turned it off until it was replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Co/co2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back