Search the forum,

Discuss Co alarms for rented property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any idea if open fires is compulsory to have a co alarm fitted? When I do landlord gas certificates and safety checks. I always fit a co alarm near the boiler also near the cooker too. Also does this year they want do alarms fitted through mains instead of battery.

Yep pretty sure they need them but not gas , but highly recommended

Just finished my gas safe renewal today.

They say there is no compliance to fit them ( other than solid fuel) but it's good practice.

A nice earner too!

Is it a regulations that all solid fuel fires require a co alarms fitted. I know it good practice to always fit a co alarm fitted in newly installations. But when I do landlord certificate I always install a co alarm if there not already fitted. Safe measure and the customer pays.

Is it a regulations that all solid fuel fires require a co alarms fitted. I know it good practice to always fit a co alarm fitted in newly installations. But when I do landlord certificate I always install a co alarm if there not already fitted. Safe measure and the customer pays.

how do you justify a co alarm on a room sealed appliance, open flue no brainer but on a properly serviced rs appliance bit of a con imho

Lame, I don't think saying a co detector is a con. Bit like saying only homes that have candles should have smoke detectors.
If it saves one life then fitting one in every home is worth it.

In Scotland all rooms containing a gas burning appliance must have a co detector unless its sole use is for cooking. (If it's a rented property). In England only applies to solid fuel for some reason. That came into Scotland on 1/12/2015

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Co alarms for rented property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help as I'm very worried and help is taking a while. Around 5am this morning our fire alarm went off, we now think it might also be connected to the carbon monoxide alarm. Got up, checking everything, no smell, no fire etc, assumed maybe the battery is running...
Replies
Views
Hi there everyone, I need a bit of clarification on Gas engineers procedures when dealing with a customers CO alarm job. Yesterday morning I phoned my daughter who lives in London and while we were chatting her CO alarm (FireAngel) which is in the kitchen went off and wouldn’t stop. Told her to...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the property has been vacant for a long while, a pipe froze and burst and left damp. It’s imperative we get the house heated and warmed up enough to dry it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock