Discuss City & Guilds Level 3 Plumbing & Heating Course Electrical Module in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rich2012

I am 6 months off completing my City & Guilds Level 3 course but there is an electrical module in it.

Nobody seems to know what this allows us to do Eg wire a shower - Install a fuse spur

As is there any electrical bodys who recognise this?

Well if you aren't sure about it then call a sparky to do the work for you!
Basically it's to make sure you know there is a difference between the live polarity and earth for a start.

It does not allow you to do anything as such, although what you should have been taught would have been alined to the requirements of the IEE 17th Reg's & Part P.

You should have been given an idea of what was notifiable or not under Part P ?

It is only ever designed to allow you to carry out the electrical work directly associated with plumbing / heating trade.

I would suggest No new circuits!(as notifiable) but if you need to replace a shower like for like,
add a FCU (spur) to an existing circuit or even wiring a heating system then if you feel you are competent then yes but it is all about the testing to confirm that your work is safe isn't it ?

Do you have access to this equipment?

As above all you can do is wire a boiler from a fused spur (you can't install the fused spur eg from a ring main or com unit)

and change elec showers same kW as existing

As above - it teaches you the basic competency but does not allow self-certification.

If they still offer "Defined scope Part P" that would allow you to self-certify any work that a plumber / heating engineer is likely to come across on a regular basis, but there was talk of stopping that qualification...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City & Guilds Level 3 Plumbing & Heating Course Electrical Module in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I just recently completed my Level 2 City & Guilds Plumbing Course and am now looking for bit of work / experience working alongside an...
Replies
Views
I am selling my 3-year City& Guilds Accredited NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating I cant complete it due to work commitments. Provider...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am middle aged and currently have a level 2 diploma in plumbing and heating and I am also Gas Safe. (level 3 gas engineering) I would...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock