Discuss Cistern to Pan, pipe leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone,

My toilet has developed a small leak between the feed pipe and the toilet pan, I think the seal has perished at the bottom.

Each time I flush, a small amount of water washes back and subsequently on the floor. I have posted an ad to find a plumber, but as the toilet is 5 years old, could I dry and clean the area and then add some new silicon to do the job?

I think a small bit of filler, would resolve the very small leak for the next 5 years.

What do you think?
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 1.15.58 PM.png

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-07 at 10.41.16.jpeg

Is that a ceramic cistern? Can't tell from the picture.
Which ever cistern it is, it wasn't fitted very well in the first place. No silicone needs to be used, especially where that is, you are lucky it has not leaked before. The inner part needs taking out and refitting properly and probably new seals. If you just put more silicone on top of this it will still leak.

Is that a ceramic cistern? Can't tell from the picture.
Which ever cistern it is, it wasn't fitted very well in the first place. No silicone needs to be used, especially where that is, you are lucky it has not leaked before. The inner part needs taking out and refitting properly and probably new seals. If you just put more silicone on top of this it will still leak.

Thank you, yes I am learning of the horrors as I peel back the wall.

I've booked a plumber to come in on Thursday

Reply to Cistern to Pan, pipe leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a pneumatic concealed cistern behind a removable vanity panel. I pulled the panel off to investigate a dull knocking noise when the cistern...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, It appears my toilet inlet pipe has developed a leak at on of the top 2 joints (between plastic pipe into toilet and between...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a noisy cistern that appears to be leaking into the pan a little but also making a very frustrating water noise from inside, I have...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock