Search the forum,

Discuss Cistern noisily leaking water internally from some kind of pipe? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a noisy cistern that appears to be leaking into the pan a little but also making a very frustrating water noise from inside, I have attached a picture of the offending item that is dripping water constantly. Guessing the whole lot needs replacing but not sure what to ask for when getting a new one. I should be able to replace it ok as it just looks like turn the mains off then unscrew the main water pipe which goes through the bottom of the cistern and into the offending part. Can anyone let me know what the whole unit is called and also why is it leaking from what looks like a pipe? Thanks
20230529_163031.jpg

Those float valves are easily serviceable and about the only ones I service without replacing.

If I recall correctly its a siamp valve, you undo the big corrugated nut and you'll remove a rubber washer inside which should look like the link below, your diaphragm will likely be split, if its not replace the whole valve. Pretty sure the one in the link below is the right one but just double check.

If not you need a bottom entry float valve, I normally choose dudley, link below. Changing the whole float is probably 1-2 hours work for you but the washer would take 5 mins and takes a lot less skill and less risk. You still need to turn the water off to replace it.

Last edited:

Reply to Cistern noisily leaking water internally from some kind of pipe? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock