Discuss Cheapest for boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bikerbas

When your buying boilers do you ring round for best price or keep to same supplier.
Which of the big firms are the cheapest
Cheers

Same as that PTS for me.

I do haggle them though and they tend to bring their prices down and once ive got them down on a particular boiler they fix the price for me.

When you download the price catalogue off pts there prices seem reaily expensive,unless there quoting retail.
PlumbNation seems good for boilers

Really depends on how many boilers you are going to buy and how good a negotiator you are. Dont get mugged on the sundries and pipe though !

rang round recently for an intergas 24/28 combi and my old merchant was £601, local independant £649 and plumbase £570 so loads of variation. having chatted to the local independant a mile away from me both the others 15 -18 miles, he matched the mid price and his sundries are cheaper than plumb fix and hes within 5 mins of my home so it makes sense to use him and keep him going, after all hes still cheaper when you account for travel time and fuel. look at the big picture as well as the price to get the best deal

You need a supplier that is reliable, build up a relationship. Don't forget to every so often to ask him if it's the best price he can do it at. Also if you see it cheaper else where let him know, show him the flyer.
Might be worth checking out Grants available thro' EST, the odd quid or 2 in grants for the client might get you the job.
A1 [plumb center] scheme for Changing types of fuel.

i,ve always found my local city plumbing to be exceptional on everything , also I,m lucky to have 2 very competative plumb centres all 3 always beat anyone else around , but its still worth ringing around because some merchants have flavour of the month discounts on certain boilers etc , where the others cant get within £100 of.

If its a one off its not urgent shop about.. paying cash always brings prices down..

If its a one off its not urgent shop about.. paying cash always brings prices down..

not true with merchants as the cheapest will always be to their tradesmen on account who they sell to regularly. A merchant has bought a boiler via a wholesaler and its on his books so cash cant be lost to him. Unless of course its off the back of a wagon or in a pub!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cheapest for boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock