• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss CH output pipe touching PCV pipe? Combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am generally happy with the install, but I do not like that - should I moan in the morning? It is the combi CH output pipe.

20210617_224955.jpg

Ric2013

Plumber
Moan! As the heat may eventually deform the pipe and will probably rub and make a tickng noise as it expands and contracts.

There is no obvious reason not to pull that bend a bit tighter and avoid the PVC pipe altogether.

WC1

Gas Engineer
Another who "dabs a bit in" on a Yorkie. Bit clumsy though, but not as bad as the one a few weeks ago.

Ric2013

Plumber
Another who "dabs a bit in" on a Yorkie. Bit clumsy though, but not as bad as the one a few weeks ago.
Agreed. I've seen tidier, but I've also seen worse. However, if the OP is generally happy and what is there is watertight, what I see in this photo is not problematic except for the issue the OP has already raised.

Cheers guys! Is it a big faux pas to dab a bit of a solder for 150% certainty? Apart from esthethics, of course. With regards to the clumsiness, my installer was a small guy and he was struggling with bending 22mm :) I have had an idea of some lovely passovers but perhaps I watched too many James's videos with pristine layouts.

Cheers guys! Is it a big faux pas to dab a bit of a solder for 150% certainty? Apart from esthethics, of course. With regards to the clumsiness, my installer was a small guy and he was struggling with bending 22mm :) I have had an idea of some lovely passovers but perhaps I watched too many James's videos with pristine layouts.

WC1

Gas Engineer
Not a biggie, I do it myself (but try not to make it visibly "snot"). James is a real plumber but I think he's foremost a social media star. Good luck to him although I found the endorsements wearing and unsubbed.
Few of those guys show it when it goes wrong (and it does, whoever you are).
Your man wants to try a bit of cheater pipe to help him bend. I lost a lot of weight throgh illness a few years ago and had to do that.

WC1

Gas Engineer
Not too bad at all.
Bit of support on the pipe wouldn't go amiss and plan to have less sharp bend on the flexi.
Prime function of pipework - make water go where it should and stop it going where it shouldn't - you succeeded 👍

Ric2013

Plumber
Unless he's dabbing in so much as to restrict the bore, I'd suggest it's a cosmetic issue.

Struggling with bending 22 - Does he weigh less than 8 stone?

WC1

Gas Engineer
I went from about 12 to 9 1/2 stone and had to put the handle on the floor and lean with nearly all my weight to pull a 22.

Not too bad at all.
Bit of support on the pipe wouldn't go amiss and plan to have less sharp bend on the flexi.
Prime function of pipework - make water go where it should and stop it going where it shouldn't - you succeeded 👍
Thank you - your comment is very encouraging!

This is a very temporary layout, for a temporary sink, while other jobs are being done before the kitchen arrives. I have noticed, that my previous permanent setup has had small valves for draining the kitchen tap flexis - something similar to the radiator balancing thingy. You could put a garden hose on the output (about 45 degree down) and a valve pin was square. Any idea how is it called? I went through the toolstation catalogue, product nr 50376

Self Cutting Drain Off Cock 15mm​

is similar, however, I do not need the entire thingy - just the drain bit. How is it called?

Reply to CH output pipe touching PCV pipe? Combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net