Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating system gravity or pump fed how to find out Newbie question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sparksuk

Hi I am a industrial sparky by trade
I can do the odd bit of plumbing but
I have had a elderly person who lives near me ask me to check some work a handy man has done for her

i popped round and he has changed the time clock for her from a Honeywell st1000 to a h27xl horsmann
as she couldn't set it

I have check the wiring ect and programmed it for her
but when I took it off the back plate
there's a link that says remove if gravity system

now to me the system has got pumps in the airing cupboard there is also a hot water tank in there
and also a cold water tank in the loft

and there's a baxi boiler in the pantry in the kitchen
now the baxi is a solo 3 pfl 40

the hot tank in the airing has a immersion heater in it but it's disconnected and has been since she had the boiler fitted
but the tank still gets hot when the hot water/heating is on
as I can recall in my old house it was the same set up so I think that's ok
and there is a couple of pumps at the side of the hot water tank
wired to a switched spur
when I turn them off and then turn them back on after about 5min you can hear water bubble and the some shoots out the over flow that comes from I think the cold tank

I don't think the link on the programmer will make to much difference but don't want to leave her with any problems ect

I rang a plumber for some advice and he wanted to charge the old gal 50 quid call out

the system has got pumps in the airing cupboard there is also a hot water tank in there
and also a cold water tank in the loft
Are you sure they are pumps? (Pumps are cylindrical)

Are they square boxes on top of the pipes? If so, they are motorized valves.

the baxi is a solo 3 pfl 40
What is the GC number?

there is a couple of pumps at the side of the hot water tank wired to a switched spur
when I turn them off and then turn them back on after about 5min you can hear water bubble and the some shoots out the over flow that comes from I think the cold tank
That's decidedly odd.

Is there a thermostat on the side of the HW cylinder - about 1/3 way up?

Is there a room stat?

The link in the programmer will make a lot of difference.

if the pumps in the airing cupboard nine times out of ten its a fully pumped system if there are either a three port motorised valce or two two port motorised valves then its definitely fully pumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating system gravity or pump fed how to find out Newbie question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock