Discuss Central heating and pipework issus all over newly bought house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, having some problems, repeat post clarified.

Guys, on here nobody has really mentioned the magna clean system I have built in.

I cleaned this yesterday so it was free from sludge.

If I used the MC3+ rapide cleaner which is supposed to remove sludge/limescale etc would this be a good thing to try. My problem with this is with needing to power flush after but according to what it says on the sales adverts it "does not require a partial drain down".

It does say this at the end "ADEY's new formula has been specially developed to deliver exceptional results when used in conjunction with ADEY’s best practice MagnaCleanse®flushing process". So it does look like it needs flushing if I was to talk that route.

1. So mc3+ needs a power flush?

2. They do an MC1 product which I believe is an inhibitor, I assume this wouldn't help until after a power flush?

I have this magnaclean and that should do the job its purposes to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
For info: the boiler is only 6 years old, this will be when the magnaclean was installed, so it should have been flushed then.......

Sludge wouldn't cause the boiler noise ramping up/down on a 10second cycle upon start up for 20minutes or so would it?

For info: the boiler is only 6 years old, this will be when the magnaclean was installed, so it should have been flushed then.......

Sludge wouldn't cause the boiler noise ramping up/down on a 10second cycle upon start up for 20minutes or so would it?

The key word there kev is "should" but was it powerflushed or chemical cleaned, guess we don`t the answer to that do we.

If you add a good quality system cleaner (I Only use Fernox Product's) F5 , then run system it will start to dislodge sludge, But you will need to clean the filter every couple of days, but first remove rads and rinse though with hose, bit of a time consuming job but if you are looking to save money that is the way to go, DIY. Did you say that someone quoted £500 to replace pump and power flush system ? if that's so you need to get him round asap, You need to find out if you are in a HARD WATER AREA, as you may need to add extra chemicals to treat system.

If you add a good quality system cleaner (I Only use Fernox Product's) F5 , then run system it will start to dislodge sludge, But you will need to clean the filter every couple of days, but first remove rads and rinse though with hose, bit of a time consuming job but if you are looking to save money that is the way to go, DIY. Did you say that someone quoted £500 to replace pump and power flush system ? if that's so you need to get him round asap, You need to find out if you are in a HARD WATER AREA, as you may need to add extra chemicals to treat system.

Sorry mate, I responded to that above, but not clearly enough. Yes I am in a hard water area.
After balancing the radiators the house is much warmer, I would say every rad is very hot for the top 2/3rds, the bottom reasonably hot. The best way I can describe this is they are barely touchable at the top but you can hold your hand on them at the bottom, but still hot.
So perhaps thats not too far being reasonably efficient, but still needs some longer term remedy.

Right now perhaps I need to concentrate on sorting the boiler
(see video link).
I think the first step has to be to try and replace the CH pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kev you have been told what to do mate your magna clean will catch any debris on its way back to the boiler but it's not there to clean the whole system out , drain down get your Adey m+3 cleaner in the system if that what you want to use and let the system run with the old pump for a week , drain and flush out , change the pump now add inhibitor Adey m+1 refill the system and vent out run the boiler job done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating and pipework issus all over newly bought house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock