Discuss Cause of spluttering kitchen tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I would be happy with a stop tap never seen a manufacturer/ regs say it must be a lever valve any chance of a screen shot ?

A stopcock is fine. Personally I prefer a fullbore lever valve but the Centre brand CentreStore manual I have here says "A stopcock or servicing valve".

Do other manufacturers say different?

Its above the cylinder, I am not saying thats the problem but its the first thing I would loose , it shouldn’t be there and they are no good with mains pressure. Brass stop tap you marked cracked should be a full bore lever arm .

Quite right, gate valves are for low pressure mainly
Also, gate valves should be installed on vertical pipes to prevent crud collecting in the bottom well which could prevent it closing

Reply to Cause of spluttering kitchen tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Back