Discuss cast iron stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

whats the best way to take out a cast iron stack.........start at the top and angle grind sections out

before you start youve got to stop any debris going down the drain if there acces at base no problem if not i cut with large angle grinder and slide in a sheet of ally or ply some times you can get a drain bag in from the wc branch then work from the top
i tie the ladder to the wall with an eye bolt then tie each piece to the ladder before breaking with a club hammer use a chisel and or nail bar to get nails out
warning cast iron is heavy and bits fly of if not broken gently mind the windows

cheers fellas .........aint doing it now till the weather gets better now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cast iron stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock