Discuss Cast Iron stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djbrennan75

Alright Dan, see if you have an answer for this one. Recently purchased a maisonette in South london, ex-local. Trying to put a toilet in the main bathroom. There is an existing 31/2 to 4 inch cast iron stack. Can I cut into it to put a four time-saver T to pick up the toilet. In my flat it is completely free-standing, there are no brackets to hold it. As I am on the bottom floor of seven floors, if I were to cut the pipe out is there a chance that it will all come down. Bear in mind that the gas is no more that 100mm from the stack. However, the gas connects to my meter about 600mm from the floor so there is room to cut it out without potentially cutting the gas main. The collars seem to be either welded in place and the stack seems very strong, however, if it were to come down the consequences would be devastating. If it helps I will get some pictures to show you.
Cheers Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast Iron stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what...
Replies
Views
Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock