Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Capping a gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
I have done a load of cp12 this year and have come across ilfe fires that i have had to cap due to lack of maintenance. When capping them I have ended up removing the fire so I can get a compression cap on them which is a absolute mither.
I have been trying to find anywhere in the regs that says I can just screw down the restrictor elbow but can't.
Does anyone no If I can do this or does it need a cap on it and if so is there any other way like screwing in the restrictor and capping the actual restrictor elbow.

Ta

Sometimes not and sometimes it's cheaper not tO. Also sometimes if you're just doing a landlord certificate you don't have the go-ahead to repair the fire so you have to make it safe there and then

I have done a load of cp12 this year and have come across ilfe fires that i have had to cap due to lack of maintenance. When capping them I have ended up removing the fire so I can get a compression cap on them which is a absolute mither.
I have been trying to find anywhere in the regs that says I can just screw down the restrictor elbow but can't.
Does anyone no If I can do this or does it need a cap on it and if so is there any other way like screwing in the restrictor and capping the actual restrictor elbow.

Ta
If you are declaring the appliance ID you can't just screw down the restrictor. There must be a physical disconnection from the gas supply.
Close down the restrictor and remove the gas supply pipe from the pedestal. Then stick in a plug in pedestal outlet as mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Capping a gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock