Discuss can you use 2 wirless stats in the same house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
evenin guys, can you use 2 wireless stats in the same house?? or will the frequencies interfere with each other? I've got to add a second zone to my mates heating running off a g/star combi.....and can i use the existing dt20rf or will that have to come out to accomodate the 2 zones?

cheers.

i have run 2 before but they were useless salus brand but one handy feature they did have is you could alter the frequency's not to interfere with each other dont know what other brands do that though

i install danfoss controls have done for years never had any problems with there RF stuff and if you buy 2 zones in one pack no need to set up all done for you. the only thing i find with danfoss is there zone valves after a couple of years go faulty normally sticking micro switchs but other than that ok stuff.
evenin guys, can you use 2 wireless stats in the same house?? or will the frequencies interfere with each other? I've got to add a second zone to my mates heating running off a g/star combi.....and can i use the existing dt20rf or will that have to come out to accomodate the 2 zones?

cheers.

Used two Honeywell CM927 to zone a property before with no problems, worked out of the box ok.

Used two Honeywell CM927 to zone a property before with no problems, worked out of the box ok.

Use these if you don't want hassle, also come with numbered stickers, to I.D which transmitter belongs to which receiver etc.....
I have seen four used to control 4 zones in a community center, TBH if I would have installed it I would have fitted the hard wired versions CM907

Got multiple zones with 6 Honeywell CMT927s no problem. I put the RF receivers for the upstairs zones in the roofspace as the signal was just too weak at the boilerhouse. Salus are rubbish. Never buy.

Honeywell are paired in the factory, so will not pair with any other sender/receiver

I doubt you'll be able to use the DT20RF with an external stat though. The DT20RF plugs straight into the PCB with no external wiring, there will be no way to control a zone valve from it. You'll need to remove it and use two external stats. If you do remove it, I'm installing a DT20 to a CDI soon, I can keep the blank plate and post it to you if you want it.

I doubt you'll be able to use the DT20RF with an external stat though. The DT20RF plugs straight into the PCB with no external wiring, there will be no way to control a zone valve from it. You'll need to remove it and use two external stats. If you do remove it, I'm installing a DT20 to a CDI soon, I can keep the blank plate and post it to you if you want it.

Thank for the offer mate but the blanking plate is there....and can confirm that I can't use the dt20rf as I spoke to wb earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can you use 2 wirless stats in the same house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi, I have an Evohome system in my 3-bed Victorian semi. My system has 6 zones with 9 rads in total each using a HR92 TRV. It’s been installed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an Evohome system in my 3-bed Victorian semi. My system has 6 zones with 9 rads in total each using a HR92 TRV. It’s been installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock