Search the forum,

Discuss Evohome HR92 signal dropout in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Paul London

Hi, I have an Evohome system in my 3-bed Victorian semi. My system has 6 zones with 9 rads in total each using a HR92 TRV.
It’s been installed for about 4 years and is amazing until last year when a very annoying fault started occurring.
The main bedroom zone, located at the front of the house has two rads in there, positioned well apart from each other. Randomly this zone would lose signal and default to 20° (a factory set temperature when signal is lost)
I have tried everything I can possibly think of to rectify this problem, rebinding the TRVs, clearing the memory of each one every time I rebind, repositioning the controller to be nearer the zone, one time I had the controller in the same room and it happened!
I swapped around other BDR91s from other working zones but the problem would still occur. I would go into signal test mode on the controller, remove & bind the bedroom BDR91 standing next to my controller, it would show a signal strength of ‘5', walk it upstairs whilst in signal mode, showing 5 all the way until I got it to the rads and then the signal would drop. I then looked into possible Interference. I turned off all my electrical devices in the house, router, printer etc but still intermittent signal dropouts were occurring.
I then purchased another BDR91 unit but still random signal failure.
One other point to add on an interference thread, I find that when my car is parked outside the front of my house, I have to be very close to unlock it using the key fob. It’s a smart fob that tells me when the battery needs replacing, so I know that isn’t the cause. And when away from my house the operating distance of the fob is 50 metres or so, maybe there is radio frequency noise near my house causing signal dropout on the rads at the front of the house?
I’ve run out of ideas to try to rectify the problem, now asking professional that work with Evohome systems if they have ever come across any issues like this.
Yours desperately
PaulHi, I have an Evohome system in my 3-bed Victorian semi. My system has 6 zones with 9 rads in total each using a BDR91 TRV.
It’s been installed for about 4 years and is amazing until last year when a very annoying fault started occurring.
The main bedroom zone, located at the front of the house has two rads in there, positioned well apart from each other. Randomly this zone would lose signal and default to 20° (a factory set temperature when signal is lost)
I have tried everything I can possibly think of to rectify this problem, rebinding the TRVs, clearing the memory of each one every time I rebind, repositioning the controller to be nearer the zone, one time I had the controller in the same room and it happened!
I swapped around other BDR91s from other working zones but the problem would still occur. I would go into signal test mode on the controller, remove & bind the bedroom BDR91 standing next to my controller, it would show a signal strength of ‘5', walk it upstairs whilst in signal mode, showing 5 all the way until I got it to the rads and then the signal would drop. I then looked into possible Interference. I turned off all my electrical devices in the house, router, printer etc but still intermittent signal dropouts were occurring.
One other point to add on an interference thread, I find that when my car is parked outside the front of my house, I have to be very close to unlock it using the key fob. It’s a smart fob that tells me when the battery needs replacing, so I know that isn’t the cause. And when away from my house the operating distance of the fob is 50 metres or so, maybe there is radio frequency noise near my house causing signal dropout on the rads at the front of the house?
I’ve run out of ideas to try to rectify the problem, now asking professional that work with Evohome systems if they have ever come across any issues like this.
Yours desperately
PaulHi, I have an Evohome system in my 3-bed Victorian semi. My system has 6 zones with 9 rads in total each using a BDR91 TRV.
Yours desperately
Paul

Reply to Evohome HR92 signal dropout in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock