Discuss Can you sign off an installation done by a non-GSR plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to look at a bathroom yesterday afternoon. Spotted the newish worcester heatslave. Mentioned last time at that particular property, doing a conservatory floor, old boiler was in, an old heatslave, and builder had moved it. Asked who fitted new one. Didn't recognise name and he had loads of trouble getting oil to boiler. Asked about documentation. Oh yes. So asked did you get cd10, cd11 and building regs certificate. Erm no. Just phoned to say checked with building control and never registered

There's two sides to the coin.

The one where somebody is coming in after an illegal installer and just filling in bits of paper, signing something and disappearing with the cash. Tres dodgee.

Then there's the one where cust sat with new boiler and installer flits. Joe Bloggs is approached to sort it. To me, as long as Joe Bloggs, takes it back to where he knows it's spot on, completes it, completes the paperwork and registers it is fine. Better to have a safe boiler after all.

But then the second situation can be split in two. One as above and the other is a diy cust or cust knowingly employing somebody to do an illegal install.

I get it with the oil. Cust diy or done on cheap and selling house. Solicitors want a certificate. Turn up. Yep. Can do it. But its 500 to put everything right plus the certificate plus 60 for todays visit.

Unless the governing authority is going to grow a set then everybody is just urinating in the wind.

And the biggest Sod take of all is that if the solicitor doesn't get a certificate the seller can just pay £30 for an insurance policy to protect the buyer from any issues arising in the future, same for electrics, window fitting and any other 'controlled building work'. I know this as we did this for some windows in our old house where a mate fitted them. Makes you wonder why we bother sometimes!

And the biggest **** take of all is that if the solicitor doesn't get a certificate the seller can just pay £30 for an insurance policy to protect the buyer from any issues arising in the future, same for electrics, window fitting and any other 'controlled building work'. I know this as we did this for some windows in our old house where a mate fitted them. Makes you wonder why we bother sometimes!

Wasn't aware of that. Typical though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you sign off an installation done by a non-GSR plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi new to the forum here and after some advise please. I have done a garage extension and need heating in the room. I am in a town house with no...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock