Discuss Can you sign off an installation done by a non-GSR plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
its perfectly ok to sign off an installation. And I`m saying that because I checked with GasSafe about it.
What did they say exactly?

What happens when plumbers work under one ticket? Is that the same kinda thing?

since i didnt record the call, i cant tell you word for word. But they said it was not a problem.

its perfectly ok to sign off an installation. And I`m saying that because I checked with GasSafe about it.

you can but to put it bluntly its your bottom on the line if anything goes wrong

eg

flue not cut / connected right or even short
gas pipework dangers etc

the list can go on

its down to do you trust the guy that installed it

and you have to do your checks, but you cant check everything

you can but to put it bluntly its your bottom on the line if anything goes wrong

eg

flue not cut / connected right or even short
gas pipework dangers etc

the list can go on

its down to do you trust the guy that installed it

and you have to do your checks, but you cant check everything

yes of course its "at your own risk". Its your registration on the line. But having checked with GS, its perfectly ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the thread is a bit misleading maybe. Seem to have got a bit roudy against some that suggest this. I'll clear up the thread a bit (and have done a couple of posts already).

What exactly are the rules?

Can your apprentice run pipe and hang the boiler, as long as you check it as you go?

Can you actually sign off somebody else fully doing it, as long as you do the checks?

Are the couple of articles linked to just down to it going wrong? And if so, would a GSR plumber causing the same issue (i think the first link was the wrong flu was fitted?), Would he get a fine too?

So why would you do it having spent so much time & money?
If it's just down to keeping your earnings high that's another totally different thread isn't it?

Make one if you fancy doing that discussion maybe?

It is nothing to do with keeping earnings high it is to do with your name being on the paperwork if /when the house goes bang! Would you take that chance Dan if it was your name on the paperwork?

It is nothing to do with keeping earnings high it is to do with your name being on the paperwork if /when the house goes bang! Would you take that chance Dan if it was your name on the paperwork?
It's just with you saying time and money, i assume you mean training and whatnot?

So more down to price?

You have said safety before but not in that post. So perhaps i presumed wrongly?

It's just with you saying time and money, i assume you mean training and whatnot?

So more down to price?

You have said safety before but not in that post. So perhaps i presumed wrongly?

The average guy spends a lot of time (sometimes years) and money to earn their gas safe ticket so if some fly by night comes along and says "I`ll give you £x to sign my work off" that in my book is just plain wrong and dangerous to anybody that lives in the same street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you sign off an installation done by a non-GSR plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi new to the forum here and after some advise please. I have done a garage extension and need heating in the room. I am in a town house with no...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock