Search the forum,

Discuss Call out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondering how many people charge call out?
I have just started out on my own and posted cards out in my local area and someone responded by e-mail and asked what my call out was and hourly rate.
I wasn't thinking of charging a call out( or would it be in my best interest?) and as hourly, because I'm new into the job in the real world,I won't be as quick as you more experienced guys, so thought I would just charge a fixed price for the job.
Any opinions greatly appreciated positive or negative
Cheers

I charge nothing to view/quote the job, no call out charge unless its an emergency then its double the hourly rate.

I quote per job and base it on my hourly rate X what i think an experienced plumber would do it in. So the customer gets a job price and knows up front the cost and ive no pressure on rushing any jobs.

But i think it depends on the job, some you wont know whats involved until you start and then it has to be hourly/daily rates.
Youve also got to fall in line with locals to some extent. If your the only one charging a call out your going to suffer.

I do the same as traineedrip regards quote for work. I try and not give too much away though, people may give it a go themselves if you say too much.

On the call outs depends on whether there a customer already, I have a few elderly customers who tend to worry about everything, so I arrange to pop around the next day and give a quote.

If water is pouring through the ceiling different kettle of fish. Then, I don't like the term call out charge, I charge an hourly rate, if, its 2am on sunday morning then the rate does increase.

Its very difficult, I got a job last week due to another plumber asking for debit/credit card details before he'd attend.....

I tend to charge a minimum for a job, if its a tap washer, you still have to drive there, have a washer in your van and then fit it. The 10-15 min tap washer has cost me an hour incl traveling.

I'm rambling now but I do feel bad sometimes but I still have costs.

Yeah
I get you with the costs etc.I want it to be fair for me and the customer

Just wondering how many people charge call out?
I have just started out on my own and posted cards out in my local area and someone responded by e-mail and asked what my call out was and hourly rate.
I wasn't thinking of charging a call out( or would it be in my best interest?) and as hourly, because I'm new into the job in the real world,I won't be as quick as you more experienced guys, so thought I would just charge a fixed price for the job.
Any opinions greatly appreciated positive or negative
Cheers
when you say "call out" do mean getting called out to do a job or just called out to do a quote?

Called out to do a job or in the middle of the night

Quotes you will find you will have to de for free as most others do

You wont get call outs for quotes on small jobs they just give you the problem and want to know the cost of fixing it

Try not to have a callout charge , though I do have a cancellation fee to bump off the timewasters or for people who phoned me due to a drip from the flat above who wont answer his door .;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Call out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock