Discuss Calculation for HEAT INPUT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve799

Hello.

If i know the HEAT OUPUT of a gas fire for example how would i use this to calculate the heat INPUT of this appliance if the data badge is not available. what is the correct formula for example if my heat output on a fire is 7.5kw ?
thanks

Depends on design and operation of fire
you would have to contact manufacturer or see if you can find details on their web site

it is impossible to calculate as it depends on how efficient the fire is, you can do a gas rate calculation which will work out how much gas it is burning, but without the HI from the manufacturer to compare against it isnt very helpful.

no way to know but if you gas rate it this will tell you heat input
if output is 7.5kw then fire is likely to be in the 6.7kw range..do the calculation and if its above 7.5 or way low at below 6 then suspect a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calculation for HEAT INPUT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock