Search the forum,

Discuss Bubbles from washing machine drain hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have new kitchen done about 1 year ago, since then, one of cabinet unit always produces a very bad smell from time to time. Right next to this cabinet, there is a washing machine, this washing machine drain hose join the drain pipe in this cabinet. Until recently, a plumber came and looked it, he said because the trap was missed, and installed a new trap which does stop bad smell. But since then, the washing machine drain hose starts product bubbles during the washing, and the plumber does not have a solution.

please see attached photo.

washingmachine_bubble.jpg
Can someone please advise what has happened and what is the solution?

thank you in advance.

Enlarge the drainaway pipework - bubbles forming can only mean that waste water is building up in the pipework instead of being allowed to run away freely?

:iagree: with above. The waste pipe should also be at least 60cm long.

Agree with above posts .From the pic it looks like 32mm waste pipe,change this to 40 mm waste pipe

Hi,

My plumber has just used a small cloth and inserted into the drain pipe, it seems stop bubbles coming up. I will wait and see if no more bubbles come up. If the bubbles come up again, I will replace it a big drain pipe as most of you suggested.

Thank you very much for all of your advices, which are very helpful. I really appreciate it.

best regards!

use a comp coupler and a wash mac cone. with jube clip.

or put less soap in your machine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bubbles from washing machine drain hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hello I have ran my washing machine through the autoclean - i have added special detergent like Dr Beckmann yet still have bad smell from washing machine - i have also drained the water that sits in the bottom - any ideas? Could it be a piping issue? Many thanks!
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed the waste? The washing machine is only a month old and was working fine this morning before re-positioned. I put an 1100mm hoorizontal run at around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock