Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

Please don't call me thick !!! Got to change a ideal classic. It only runs the rads no cylinder just f/e now is that a regular or a system ?? 9 out of 10 boilers I fit are combos answers on a post card please !

If its on an f/e tank, then its a regular heat only. It only becomes a system boiler if it has the pressure vessel inside the boiler.

No copper tank or unvented just the boiler running the rads a regular how much for a 15 kW lpg one Ray lol

No copper tank or unvented just the boiler running the rads a regular how much for a 15 kW lpg one Ray lol

Dont have the lpg cost to hand pete, but I will get someone to look it up and call you tomorrow.

Do you have a preference for brand? Main is probably most cost effective (rebadged Solo) but I am not sure if they do it in LPG.

I'll call in the morning that ok. I need x8 water heaters and x2 heat only boilers in LPG all the flues ect I'll call to get cost ect mate

Mostly fit combis is but getting a lot of call for heat only lately

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought a system boiler had a pump in as well?

It usually does. But its the pressure vessel that makes it a system boiler - they always used to be called "sealed system" - we just dropped the word sealed.

Most manufacturers made their system boilers by taking a combi and stripping out the unnecessary DHW components, which is why the pump was usually included in the boiler. Once you get in that habit, there is an expectation that there will be a pump in a system boiler, so now even the ones designed from scratch tend to include one.

Ok tommorrow I'm doing a heat only but they want it converted to fully pump with 2 . Two prt valves. I've never done this before feel really out of my depth !! Any stupid guides ?? Help ect ??? Pictures guides please

It's easy buddy where is all your pipe work? What pipes you got at boiler and what u got in a/c ? Will draw u a picture if u babysit so I can. To pub

make sure its suitable to convert, ie has overheat stat already.

It's a grant job all been looked at and got the paperwork that says convert to fully pumped incorporating 2 port valves I haven't seen it I'm going there in the morning I don't want to look thick and say I don't no how to do it ?? The wireing getting done by a sparky but I have to change the boiler swap for swap and convert to s plan. Never done one before I usually fit combis Ahhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock