Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler spares - advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaflo-Experts

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
When servicing boilers, do you generally have spare gaskets, seals, etc in the van, or do you usually have to pop out for the parts if required?

If you do buy parts for a service, and don't use them, do you keep them for 'next time', or do you return them? Or does it depend on how common the part or boiler is?

i carry intergas, gloworm/vailant graphite burner seals, remeha selection of seals/service kit (curtesy of heat team), wb seals, selection of thermistors, loads of thermocouples, gloworm flow sensors, ignitors and elctrodes. Only because these are things that seem to be needed regularly round here.

Also got selection of pumps, programmers,clocks,prvs, aavs,room stats, 2/3 port valves, orings, etc

Best items to have are a selection of pcbs taken out of boilers I removed, makes final diagnotics easier, and leaves custard with a working boiler whilst a new ones in the post. Also got selection of bits taken off various stripped down boilers, smaller bits flow switches, themistors, aps, etc

Dont ask what oil spares I carry as the list continues to grow all the time. Main reason for loads of spares is I work in a rural area and parts are 15 miles plus away.

Don't carry pcbs but diverter a diaphragms gaskets prvs built on filling loops, service gaskets g10 and the junior , logic, universal door seal glass rope thermistors NTC overheats. Flow sensors / turbines
Electrodes and a regin boiler first aid kit - fantastic £40!

Two port and a lightswitch - temp to get ch on a combi. Tprvs and erv no . Pcbs get damp in can and die.

Alpha do a washer set for £19 it's excellent value and just keeps giving

Last edited by a moderator:
i carry intergas, gloworm/vailant graphite burner seals, remeha selection of seals/service kit (curtesy of heat team), wb seals, selection of thermistors, loads of thermocouples, gloworm flow sensors, ignitors and elctrodes. Only because these are things that seem to be needed regularly round here.

Also got selection of pumps, programmers,clocks,prvs, aavs,room stats, 2/3 port valves, orings, etc

Best items to have are a selection of pcbs taken out of boilers I removed, makes final diagnotics easier, and leaves custard with a working boiler whilst a new ones in the post. Also got selection of bits taken off various stripped down boilers, smaller bits flow switches, themistors, aps, etc

Dont ask what oil spares I carry as the list continues to grow all the time. Main reason for loads of spares is I work in a rural area and parts are 15 miles plus away.

If I carried that many spares, it would take me longer to find a part in the van than it would to go out and buy it!
You must be well organised!

Don't carry pcbs but diverter a diaphragms gaskets prvs built on filling loops, service gaskets g10 and the junior , logic, universal door seal glass rope thermistors NTC overheats. Flow sensors / turbines

Two port and a lightswitch - temp to get ch on a combi. Tprvs and erv no . Pcbs get damp in can and die.

Thanks Ermi. I wondered about the Regin First Aid kit, and bought one yesterday.

You can buy refils of the black spring washers clips they are very useful

What is two port and light switch for?

just looked at the first aid kit,thats not worth 40 quid,try here for basic consumables Euro Boiler Parts
my spares on the landy run about 8k worth but i sub to bfm europe and some of there pcb,s retail at 200 quid ,i keep the common baxi/worcs/glowheap/ideal gaskets and bits on there though ,along with pumps/divertors/mot valves etc

just looked at the first aid kit,thats not worth 40 quid,try here for basic consumables Euro Boiler Parts
my spares on the landy run about 8k worth but i sub to bfm europe and some of there pcb,s retail at 200 quid ,i keep the common baxi/worcs/glowheap/ideal gaskets and bits on there though ,along with pumps/divertors/mot valves etc

Thanks gasman.
I thought about buying the individual screws, washers, etc that come in the Boiler First Aid kit, especially as I could get 100 of each screw/washer and it would still work out cheaper!
I eventually decided to go for the kit, purely for the convenience. Chances are it would last me for ages, but on the odd occasion I loose a screw or need a washer, I'll be glad to have it tucked away in a corner of the van!

If I carried that many spares, it would take me longer to find a part in the van than it would to go out and buy it!
You must be well organised!

loads of shelves n boxes, for me to go and buy a part each time i needed one would mean 2 jobs a day and the rest going back n fwd. I did a rough calc recently and my van contents were some £8-19k inc tools, frightening!!!!!!!!!! esp as i didnt include any of the 2nd hand bits n bobs. mind you oil bits soon add up as well and there isnt a merchant within 40 miles of me with any decent stock levels to rely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler spares - advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock