Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Sizing Apps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As the title says I'm just wondering if anyone has come across any apps that accurately deal with boiler sizing. Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers

Yeah sorry just wondered if there was some sort of phone or tablet app that just allowed you to input the various calculation information and it then provided you with the required boiler size at the end. Cheers

You need to do whole house heat loss and rad sizing, then you work out what size boiler you need from that.

Thanks for that. Sorry I know the sort of things you need for the calculation i was just wondering if some clever dick had produced something that saved you having to work it all out manually that was all :)

Not sure if it's what you're after, but I downloaded the free ideal app a couple of hours ago (I think just about all the manufacturers have apps). It lets you enter number of kitchens, bathrooms and utilities then gives you all the boiler options and asks you to select water and gas pressure to determine which one suits. It doesn’t take bedroom numbers or dims though? When you select a boiler it gives you the full spec and manual, you can register it via the app too. It also has Ideal's contact details etc so you can get in touch with support at the click of two buttons. I’m putting together a folder on my phone with all manufacturers apps so I have manuals etc close to hand for future ref.

Excellent ill give it a look. Realise you've only just downloaded it but would you have an opinion of the accuracy of the kw output the calculator produces.

Not a clue, I don’t even have my gas, so I just assist in boiler installations. I like to be a super efficient, helpful teaboy :coffee:

Ha ha fair enough. I've just re-done my ticket after a few years away so am just trying to catch up with new "Stuff". Anything for an easier life. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Sizing Apps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Ive got a new replacement boiler to install and the Energy Saving Trust whole house boiler sizing is no longer being allowed to be used to correctly size new boilers. Apparently there is an app you can use for room by room calculation anyone with a link. I've looked online and keep just...
Replies
Views
Hi all , i came across a heatre mega flow today and couldn't get my head round something , it was heated via a boiler through the coil but the puzzle is that there was a secondery return from the hot water circut that also acted as the cold feed in seprated by a NRV to stop the hot going back...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Do many of you use a program to size boilers/rads or do you even bother with heat loss calculations? It’s a bit of a long winded process doing it long hand especially when a customer wants a quick quote. I’m not a fan of just replacing like for like if I’m honest.
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock