Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Room Ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little advise regarding natural ventilation to a boiler room.

The boiler room is in a basement, that you access externally. you walk down a set of stairs into a small lobby and then into the boiler room.

My question is, will I comply with regs if I have a fully louvered door from the basement into the lobby, then another fully louvered door from the lobby to atmosphere.

Free area calcs at high and low level are fine. it's just whether I can pass through two louvered doors and a lobby.

thanks

What’s the lobby area for / what’s the use just for the boiler room / others ?

Also ventilations for what temperature or appliances eg supply ?

I would say no then needs ducting etc best get your commercially gas safe engy to size and sort these out

Inappropriate Advertising / Spam
you need to find out if there is natural ventilation coming into the room, and the supply of air, if you have that, you can work out the ventilation. Also you need to be a bit more clearer with the type of boiler ect, type of flue ect, room sealed dont really need any ventilation and cooling is negligible.

saghir hussain

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Boiler Room Ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock