Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Room Ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little advise regarding natural ventilation to a boiler room.

The boiler room is in a basement, that you access externally. you walk down a set of stairs into a small lobby and then into the boiler room.

My question is, will I comply with regs if I have a fully louvered door from the basement into the lobby, then another fully louvered door from the lobby to atmosphere.

Free area calcs at high and low level are fine. it's just whether I can pass through two louvered doors and a lobby.

thanks

What’s the lobby area for / what’s the use just for the boiler room / others ?

Also ventilations for what temperature or appliances eg supply ?

I would say no then needs ducting etc best get your commercially gas safe engy to size and sort these out

Inappropriate Advertising / Spam
you need to find out if there is natural ventilation coming into the room, and the supply of air, if you have that, you can work out the ventilation. Also you need to be a bit more clearer with the type of boiler ect, type of flue ect, room sealed dont really need any ventilation and cooling is negligible.

saghir hussain

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Boiler Room Ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing boiler (room sealed), cannot install it at the current location as it is open to weather effects (rain and sun light in summers). I cannot install it in...
Replies
Views
Hi All I own 2 flats and the upstairs/first floor tenant has contacted me to say that the toilet and basin are slow at draining and she thinks there is a blockage. She stated she has tried various shop boought unblockers but nothing worked.... I went there and gained access to downstairs to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been trying to diagnose why my gas consumption is so high and been doing various measurements and tests. With the UFH, my setup is about 10 room zones connected on two separate UF manifolds linked to one UF pump with a return blending...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock