Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler on the third floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizme

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have to install a boiler on third floor of a house, the boiler is going on the kitchen wall and the excess to the outside wall is very tricky and hence I am terminating the condensate and PRV pipe internally in to the waste pipe. I am planning to use a tundish for the PRV pipe and a trap where there is provision for condensate pipe (similar trap that is used to terminte washing machine pipe). I just wanted to know if terminating PRV pipe internally is correct or not.

its ok if at some point it there is a visable discharge e.g through a tundish like you say you will install, no problems there.

I have to install a boiler on third floor of a house, the boiler is going on the kitchen wall and the excess to the outside wall is very tricky and hence I am terminating the condensate and PRV pipe internally in to the waste pipe. I am planning to use a tundish for the PRV pipe and a trap where there is provision for condensate pipe (similar trap that is used to terminte washing machine pipe). I just wanted to know if terminating PRV pipe internally is correct or not.

Just interested how you're going to mortar up around the flue (assuming its a horizontal one) if the access is tricky. If theres a way i'd love to know coz i really hate ladders, especially at that height.

Drill a 5" hole, fit the rubber collar and pass it through from the inside then pull back to seal. Seal the inside of the hole as normal.

The roof above the kitchen is flat and I have been up there and checked I can reach and fill this up with motar.

personally i never rely on the rubber collar to provide a water/air tight seal around the flue, i always compo up.

There are a lot of 6 storey tenements up this way. Not a hope in hell of reaching them and no one is going to pay for a scaffold to get up that height for a handful of compo. Perfectly acceptable to pass through from inside and pull back in these circumstances. If you can reach it from a ladder it should be sealed.

On jobs like that i wonder what would the risk assessment would be like for making the hole for the flue. Im guessing you would have to have signs and barriers at ground level to avoid dropping debris onto persons and property. I have only ever worked on heatings in flats with scafolding due to external work.

I just cordon a bit off with barrier tapes and have someone standing to make sure no one crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler on the third floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock