Discuss Boiler lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can that type of repair be done on the day or does engineer need to order part?

As warrington and I stated previously. This install needs to be brought upto scratch. The condensate needs to terminate into a proper waste system or drain as per the Manufactures Instructions. This can be done in-day dependent on availability of a recognised termination point and what materials engineer has to hand to carry out work.

If i may add my thoughts on this problem, 1st its a biasi boiler cheep B&Q rubbish , fault sound`s like you may have a faulty heat exchanger ! leaking inside then running out of condense pipe into cistern (warm water) Depending how the boiler engineer feels about the installation (the one from Biasi) he may refuse to do any repair as the boiler is not fitted as per Manufactures Instructions , This is another case of a landlord wanting a cheep job done ! and the installer cutting corner`s to get the work. You can allways call Gas Safe and check out the installer just for your own piece of mind !!
:sick:

Depending how the boiler engineer feels about the installation (the one from Biasi) he may refuse to do any repair as the boiler is not fitted as per Manufactures Instructions
I will have to wait and see what he says.
It really annoys me that you trust someone to install a boiler and in fact he has been doing a bad job without me knowing.

You can allways call Gas Safe and check out the installer just for your own piece of mind !!
I did call them, he is registered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabian don't take this the wrong way but you got an installer to fit a cheap rubbish boiler I don't know if you arranged for this boiler to be fitted but most times you pay peanuts you will get a monkey

Fabian don't take this the wrong way but you got an installer to fit a cheap rubbish boiler I don't know if you arranged for this boiler to be fitted but most times you pay peanuts you will get a monkey

I know what you mean Gray but it wasn't my choice. When I moved into that house last June (and that will teach me a lesson) I didn't have any hot water.
I only needed it for a bit of washing up every day, I have an electric shower. I had more major problems to deal with at the time and I only informed the landlady after 2 weeks. Engineer came and said that boiler needed to be changed. I agree that landlady took the cheapest option because she has been asking for several quotes which took some times and at the end the Biasi was installed.
When I recently told her I had problems with boiler she almost didn't believe me it was serious because it was almost brand new and according to her wasn't cheap.

Just a thought,but,did you check the engineers Gas Safe card,I find it hard to believe that a kosher engineer would do that sort of work.I have come across cowboys using other peoples registration numbers.
Check with Gas Safe that the boiler has been registered,also they are always interested in dodgy installations,which,this clearly is.

did you check the engineers Gas Safe card
No I didn't. I trusted him because it's the engineer my landlady uses.

He is registered. At first I couldn't find him on Gas Safe website database but I called them and they found him.

It's just that there is nowhere for the condensate from the boiler to go to,except to leak out of the toilet cistern onto the floor.
Also, in my experience,Landlords always use the cheapest quote available.There is nothing wrong with Biasi boilers,I have been fitting them for more than ten years for people who find it hard to stump up the ÂŁ900 quid + for Vaillants etc;I can barely remember the last time that I had a call out to repair one.Problems are nearly always caused by shoddy installation,as yours clearly was.
I can't imagine any boiler manufacturer agreeing to repair a boiler that has not been installed properly.Did you say that they ( Biasi ) had been to look at it yet ?
Buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock