Discuss Boiler lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your condensate pipe is connected to the cistern which shouldn't, and too close the water, and causing condensate getting trapped. If you check your manual, you will see requirements about it.And that causing lock out problems.

Lol that's some plumber you got to do that lol
Sorry it's very bad the condensate is backing up as the cistern fills with water from it very bad job

That's a terrible job. Needs the installer back to put that shambles right.

thanks all for your comments.
Does that type of work needs to be reported?

The boiler requires the attention of a Qualified Engineer to bring the installation up to a decent standard, before any fault issues can be attended to.
As far as reporting goes, it's more of a shoddy rather than dangerous job by looks of it. Only a decent Engineer can determine this for sure.

the guy who installed the boiler is coming later this morning so heating should be back on today.

Engineer came. He is not too sure where the problem comes from, he thinks it's the .... (I can't remember the name of the part), he doesn't want to mess with it and that the manufacturer needs to come out because boiler is less than 6 months old.
He called Biasi who are going to organise one of their local engineer to come in. They are supposed to call me to arrange a visit but I called them first because I want that sorted today. They said they have only been back to work today and today only making calls to arrange appointment for tomorrow following the request they have received by email over the weekend.

There is nothing else for me to do than waiting for their call. To be honest I am completely fed up!

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, he said the toilet overflow was a coincidence and that it wasn't related to the boiler breakdown.
I find that very difficult to believe. Last night I tried to switch on the boiler and the ignition seemed to work. I filled up the boiler and temperature was rising until boiler lockout but at that point there was a small flow of water coming out of that pipe to the toilet and I am sure that is what happened the over night when it overflowed.
At least an other engineer will come in and will tell me what is really going on.

When the engineer comes he will see the state of condensing pipe and will tell you that it is not ok! But in the first post i try to explain, it is not the only problem you have, you need your expansion vesssel, thermistor,over heat thermostat,condensate trap...checked. shortly you need a good service on that boiler. And your over flow happened because of that condensate pipe, as from the photo i can't see your cistern overflow pipe.But what i am guessing you haven't got one, because if you had overflow from toilet, installer could take the condensate from same route. That condensate pipe in that cistern cause lock out as well. And it can also back siphon to boiler aswell, which could make more damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock