Discuss Biasi Riva HE. They built a boiler you cant service. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Armitage Shanks

I diagnosed the problem in 2 mins, magnetic proximity switch not energised for DHW. Ok, lets clean the flow switch. Errrrrrrrrrrr, none of my 65 spanners or sockets fit the top nut, to big for 17mm, too small for 18mm. Out of curiosity I call tech, they say" oh ye, its a problem, throw the whole hydralic block away and fit a new one". The DHW gauze filter is in there and should be cleaned as part of a service.
I did actually manage to remove the plunger assembly in the end after much cussing and removing other components to give more space for a pair of stilsons. Whilst I had the part out I also filed the brass nut to fit a 17mm ring spanner, so in future it will be easy to service the filter and plunger.
Well done Biasi, I wont be recomending any of your products any time soon.
Any other engineers had the misfortune to come across this one?

What about imperial spanners? Would any of them fit?

No, and like I said, biasi tech confirmed NO SPANNER WILL FIT. Obviously , being european, all other nuts on the boiler are metric.Ive not seen this in 40 years of playing with boilers!

The least they could have done was sell you a 'special tool' that fit's it! Binning parts for fun, what a joke

Tickle a 17mm spanner with the angle grinder

Depends on how many Biasi boilers you may work on! Can pick a set of cheap spanners up for a couple of quid, saves stripping a boiler to get a nut off

The trouble is, the nut is about 17mm across flats, the thread is about 30mm dia, and a thread that size , left for a few years aint gonna shift with the torque you can apply through a 17mm nut made of brass, thats why it has to be a stilson butchery job. Its a **** design, cant beleive no one else has seen this prob?

Couldn't you get a cheap 17mm and grind it to size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biasi Riva HE. They built a boiler you cant service. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock