Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss BG Upsell? Boiler pressure loss: Under concrete pipes leaking or Heat exchanger? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammyez

Hi,

I am new to the forum. Hopefully, I can get some advice regarding the Combi boiler / CH problems in my bungalow?

The pressure keeps dropping every couple of days. I have BG out to try and fix (they've been out twice in the last week) They are suggesting it's either the heat exchanger or an underfloor leak with CH pipes in the concrete (but, there are no signs of any leaks around the bungalow)

The boiler is about 6 years old (Ideal: Pro Exclusive 30)
The bungalow has CH pipes running under a concrete floor (probably fitted when house was built in 1971)

I was concerned when the BG engineer was talking about bringing an 'upgrade engineer' out to give me a quote to re-route the CH pipes into each room in the bungalow? Thus, tapping off the underfloor pipes and running them from the boiler in the loft to each room (which would be unsightly and I'm guessing expensive?)

I have an elderly parent living at the property so, cannot be without heating on a regular basis

I would be grateful for any advice as to what my options are and possible costs?

Thanks.

:confused5:

Get a local independent engineer to have a look. Just had to repipe a bungalow in the same situation. Would be really interested to hear what bg quote.

First try though is some leak sealer.

Get a local independent engineer to have a look. Just had to repipe a bungalow in the same situation. Would be really interested to hear what bg quote.

First try though is some leak sealer.

Thanks, will look for a good heating engineer in the Leicester area? Are there any recommedations out there?

ps. Forgot to mention, I asked BG engineer to put in some leak sealer, he did it reluctantly (said its unlikely to work due to the rapid water loss)

You can post a thread in the I'm looking section on here. Or get a recommendation from neighbours, friends, family etc.

The leak sealer may not work, but always worth a go. The one I did lost pressure within an hour and I put two bottles of sealer in. The sealer isn't a permanent fix, but will give you time 'hopefully' to get things sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BG Upsell? Boiler pressure loss: Under concrete pipes leaking or Heat exchanger? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock