Search the forum,

Discuss Best place to buy Porsadrill from - Do we get a discount? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just asking before I take the plunge.

Always call us if you need better discounts:

01992 410636 (anytime)

The promo codes for installers on the Plumbers forum is :

Discount Code GOLD

http://*********.com/jpgs/kit2.jpg

ÂŁ49.99 for SEVEN diamond cores in five popular sizes.
If you are VAT registered then it works out at: ÂŁ41.66 (or ÂŁ5.95 per drill)

For Gas Safe installers

http://*********.com/jpgs/gassafe.jpg

If you are Gas Safe Registered you can buy it via your trade magazine "Corgi Direct"

http://*********.com/shops/corgi.jpg

Click Here to go to the Corgi Direct website:

Corgi Direct

Search word is PORSADRILL

We have sold thousands of kits over 6 years of trading and this product has become a toolbox essential item for installers, plumbers, gas fitters, builders and tilers.

The reason it is so successful is that the diamond core drill bits are extremely robust. The sizes are perfectly selected to fit all the standard service pipe sizes, the smaller cores are for rawl plugs and the kit offers exceptional value for money.

Made in the UK there is also a comprehensive size range of 37 other sizes should you get stuck. No other factory produces such a wide range of diamond core drills.

We have strong exports giving jobs to UK people and bringing cash back into the country. You will NOT see the words - Made in China on our products !

http://*********.com/jpgs/guideplate.jpg

If you need to buy from retail outlets we have a full list of stockists on our website.

http://*********.com/TILEDEPOT/main.jpg

Retailers give quicker access to our full range (seen above) at weekends and "on the day"

Thanks. Bought one anyway although I think it may be an old stock one because the packaging says it comes with a sponge and this one didn't have one inside. No matter, worked well on the thick tiles I used it on.

Thanks. Bought one anyway although I think it may be an old stock one because the packaging says it comes with a sponge and this one didn't have one inside. No matter, worked well on the thick tiles I used it on.
Did it last the day? The medium size Porsadrill i got said on the back of the packet it should drill between 2 to 6 holes in porcelain, after the first hole i could tell it unlikely to do a third and no chance a fourth, took it back got another, same thing again, got refund, got a Dewalt one and they are worlds apart in terms of quality, i am at least 20 holes in without a problem.

As with anything, you get what you pay for, Bacho spanner vs Silverline, Estwing hammer vs BandQ own etc etc

We do try to give full and comprehensive instructions on how to use the product.

Mainly
1) Use water
2) Light pressure
3) Keep the speed sensible.

Having sold thousands of kits our feedback is excellent. In fact if you look at our ebay feedback you will see the only complaint we have
had wasnt the product, but the speed of delivery.

Check our feedback

http://*********.com/jpgs/professional_builder4.jpg

We are well written about - see for example Professional Builder who completed an unbiased product test.
(We paid no money for this)

But I guess like Trip Advisor not everyone is going to have complimentary things to do or say about your product or service.

Thankfully the feedback we do get is that the vast majority of installers love our product, recommend it, and come back to buy more.

Thats all I guess as a factory we can expect.

http://*********.com/jpgs/tile_drill5.jpg

http://*********.com/jpgs/tile_drill18.jpg

They are probably fine for a DIYer to do a couple of holes every now and again, it even states on the packaging they are only good for a max of 6 holes, that just isn't good enough these days and in the price band they are selling at.

The problem with ebay feedback is there is no way to modify it after the tool has broken itself apart after a few holes, as such feedback has no bearing on durability, a fairly major factor is something like a holesaw.

My only suggestion to people spending hard earned money on such a tool, is stick with the brands, they will work day in day out in the real world.

IMO

Did it last the day? The medium size Porsadrill i got said on the back of the packet it should drill between 2 to 6 holes in porcelain, after the first hole i could tell it unlikely to do a third and no chance a fourth, took it back got another, same thing again, got refund, got a Dewalt one and they are worlds apart in terms of quality, i am at least 20 holes in without a problem.

As with anything, you get what you pay for, Bacho spanner vs Silverline, Estwing hammer vs BandQ own etc etc

Drilled five 30mm holes with my 18v makita on slow with a sponge and not too much pressure. Thick tiles but got through no probs. I'll use them until they are blunt and try another brand and compare the two.

Many thanks for that FB Howsie. One of the exciting things is that 6 years ago there were only very expensive diamond core drilling solutions out there or very cheap bits.

We sit in the middle range at ÂŁ30-ÂŁ50 per set. And we also do every size.

That gives installers more choice. Our appeal is not only to DIY-ers. Its to Pro installers too. Thats for a couple of reasons.

1) Pro installers have had equipment stolen from their vans and dont want to (or cant) afford diamond systems at ÂŁ300+

2) Pro installers like the choice to charge out the cost of the drills as a consumable to a job. Average bathroom installation uses approx ÂŁ3000 worth of porcelain tiles and so at ÂŁ49.99 the kit gets added as a throw away item to be charged out.

3) Pro installers like the knowlege that they can cost out a job ahead of doing the work and can know for sure their total drilling costs per client.

4) Pro installers love the fact we have a full and comprehensive range that can be delivered next day.

5) Pro installer companies with say 10 tiling teams working on a building site can issue one set per team at ÂŁ49.99 rather than sharing expensive drilling rigs at ÂŁ300 per rig.

6) Pro installers like the fact they can replace kits either full or in part.

7) Pro installers like the convenience of having a couple of kits on board that they can lend out to a mate in trouble and simply just charge them the cost of the set. Many times installers have been asked to lend / share diamond cores and drilling rigs and this is expensive and time consuming. When a co-worker needs a bit many installers simply either point them to us or give them their kit and go buy another.

There are many many reasons pro installers love and buy from ********* and the PORSADRILL range. The clear advantages of cost, set up, ease of use, time savings are enough to persuade many thousands of installers to come back for more sets - and to recommend them.

Its why our brand is stocked by
1) Travis Perkins
2) Corgi Direct
3) Tile Depot
4) Buy Brand Tools
5) Orbital Fastners
6) CHPS

And many other retailers.

Example of a TRAVIS PERKINS retailer

TRAVIS PERKINS

Of course DIY-ers love us too. The installer who only has one bathroom project to do in his life has access to a simple "all in one" tile drilling solution.
If you only ever plan to do a bathroom or two then this kit works out at a much better price than hiring or buying cores.

http://*********.com/jpgs/BFKMX1.jpg

1) Pro installers have had equipment stolen from their vans and dont want to (or cant) afford diamond systems at ÂŁ300+
No matter about the other thousands of pounds of stuff Plumbers need to carry, should we sell off our decent gear and just use Aldi hand tools?
2) Pro installers like the choice to charge out the cost of the drills as a consumable to a job. Average bathroom installation uses approx ÂŁ3000 worth of porcelain tiles and so at ÂŁ49.99 the kit gets added as a throw away item to be charged out.
I find it hard to imagine that anyone who does this for a living can afford to write off ÂŁ50-ÂŁ100 quids worth of tooling after every job, as Plumbers, we don't buy new cores after every flue/waste install, what a waste of money.
3) Pro installers like the knowlege that they can cost out a job ahead of doing the work and can know for sure their total drilling costs per client.
Yes, that is an advantage, but then again i don't know how long any of my power tools are going to last, but with decent gear you get your moneys worth out of them and the cost is very gradually averaged out over time.
4) Pro installers love the fact we have a full and comprehensive range that can be delivered next day.
The same as most other retailers, a definite advantage in this day and age none the less.
5) Pro installer companies with say 10 tiling teams working on a building site can issue one set per team at ÂŁ49.99 rather than sharing expensive drilling rigs at ÂŁ300 per rig.
So in your analogy this company spends ÂŁ500 every day for the ten teams, so ÂŁ10,000 a month on throwaway gear, instead of investing in 10 decent rigs, lets say they need to renew this gear on a months basis (you wouldn't in reality) that is only ÂŁ3000, so a ÂŁ7000 saving or ÂŁ84,000 a year this fictional company just write off. That would just be ridiculously bad business practice.
6) Pro installers like the fact they can replace kits either full or in part.
Agree
7) Pro installers like the convenience of having a couple of kits on board that they can lend out to a mate in trouble and simply just charge them the cost of the set. Many times installers have been asked to lend / share diamond cores and drilling rigs and this is expensive and time consuming. When a co-worker needs a bit many installers simply either point them to us or give them their kit and go buy another.
I don't think you will find any trader who likes lending his tools out, not a single one, certainly not anyone who stocks there van in anticipation of someone else not having a certain tool, not unless they are professional tool salesmen or just plain mental.
There are many many reasons pro installers love and buy from ********* and the PORSADRILL range. The clear advantages of cost, set up, ease of use, time savings are enough to persuade many thousands of installers to come back for more sets - and to recommend them.
The only clear advantages of cost is if you are a DIYer and won't be needing the gear again for another few years, it just is no where near the quality needed for professional use. We as Plumbers want to make a living, that means getting quotes in that are reasonably priced and competitive, binning off tools after every job is not going to achieve this.

Good job not everyone agrees - Or we would be bankrupt...

Small update and the retailers are reporting excellent sales

BUT

564792_10151059540257014_1401733243_n.jpg

The stock is being nicked...

46219_10151059540222014_1282295693_n.jpg

To Combat this we have installed this red tag security system

525909_10151059540747014_1601019975_n.jpg

It would seem for some people

"VALUE FOR MONEY"

means different things!

486726_10151059539887014_1695695910_n.jpg

All stock is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best place to buy Porsadrill from - Do we get a discount? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock