Discuss Best 2 port 22mm zone valves normally closed in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon_sandwich

Gas Engineer
So heres the story, my own boiler was replaced a year ago. All 4 zone valves were replaced at my suggestion..... for reliability reasons (they were 20 years old) - Now the motor has conked out on one of the new ones in 15 months. So before some random stuff gets put in - I want a 20 year life valve like the ones taken out, which of course have been binned so no idea what they were. :blush5:

Honeywell V4043H

Personaly I have always gone honeywell , overall they seem to be best . Good luck with your 20 years !!! Lol

Honeywell for the longest life.
BUT it's unlikely anything produced nowadays will last 20yrs.

If it does, it's a freak of the production like, not the norm.

Plumb Centres brand motorised valves are cheap and I hear made by Honeywell.
I have a Honeywell valve I had to replace at about 3 year old. Poorly made inside & teeth slipped.

Yep, honeywell ain't like it used to be, nor the drayton stuff! Iv fitted & had to replace heads or motors within a couple years on some occassions!

Honeywell valves arent anything special these days, we spec Drayton now as they seem to last the same amount of time but are slightly cheaper and have a quick release actuator head which is handy.

Honeywell valves arent anything special these days, we spec Drayton now as they seem to last the same amount of time but are slightly cheaper and have a quick release actuator head which is handy.

Don't really rate any of the other Drayton products though.

For domestic heating, some motorised valves work on a rotating shoe to open and close the valve, some have a paddle, and the Honeywell ones have a rubber ball.

The rotating shoe type valves made by Danfos can be unreliable in existing systems because magnetite gets between the rotating shoe and valve wall - this creates a resistance to the movement of the valve, which in turn burns the motors.

Honeywell valves have no such problem because of their rubber ball design. In addition Honeywell valves have 'heavy duty' blue wired motors compared to the orange wired 'standard duty' motors in other types of valve. Honeywell valve are easily repaired by replacing said motors so the whole actuator does not need to be replaced.

Honeywell are indeed the best motorised valves for domestic purposes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best 2 port 22mm zone valves normally closed in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I have a honeywell programmer which does 10 min cycles but with the zone valve fitted it is closed during a 4.5 min long pump only cycle. Is...
Replies
Views
Is there any advice on using Honeywell Evohome with 2 zone heating. Honeywell support are pretty useless and give conflicting advice. They...
Replies
Views
Hi. This UFH system is in my mil's bungalow purchased earlier this year. It has 9 zones, is run from a WB 37CDi combi, and uses Wavin actuators...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock