Search the forum,

Discuss Becoming A Plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bignose

Hi all,

I have thought about this for a while, but now am at the point where if I dont at least give it a go very soon, I will never forgive myself for not trying when I am old and grey.

At the moment I am in Senior Management in retail (being doing it years) but despise the stress, etc. If it matters I am 36 with a family.

So can you let me know the best course, quickest route to been a basic Plumber (not bothered about Corgi yet)

Also the realistic earnings ( I dont own any rose tinted specs)I can expect post course / training etc as a self employed Plumber
plus any other advice you can bring to the table.

Thanks all in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Becoming A Plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps just one person. I came to plumbing late in life and went on a course that you qualify in 10 weeks. I was hit with all the negativity that no one...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and thank you for taking the time to read this. I am currently working through a at home course compete with practical training at a centre. I have my Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing studies and have so far completed 32 modules of the course which is 42 modules in total. I am waiting for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock