Discuss baxi bermuda 552 back boiler - banging noise! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lins192

I have a central heating system with a baxi bermuda 552 back boiler and for several years it has been "banging" quite loudly. This starts about an hour after the heating comes on but settles down again after approximately 30 minutes. It is so loud and has recently become louder! Do I need a new boiler or is there something that I can do to stop this problem. Several heating engineers have serviced the system and couldn't identify what the problem was other than saying "oh ...the boiler's old, it needs replacing".

System might need flushing or you can try some fernox noise reducer F2 or sentinel x200

Well my first thought were that the boiler thermostat had gone but,several years,think you heat exchanger would have cracked or split by now !!,do you have thermostatic valves on the radiators ? If so it could be one of these making the sound once the room concerned has reached temp

hi there
tahnks for this thread my old baxi is banging found a snapped rad valve

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi bermuda 552 back boiler - banging noise! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back