Search the forum,

Discuss bathroom soil and waste pipe uncertainty in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm creating a wet room out of a bathroom. I lifted the floors to find the soil pipe run as in the attached diagrams. Two questions (assuming I can get the required fall)

1) Is this soil pipe arrangement (in yellow) look okay to you? It looks unnecessarily convoluted to me. I think there was previously a toilet where the the end cap is.

2) Do the waste pipe runs (in red) that I intend to put in look okay? They will join the soil pipe with strap on bosses.

I think the soil pipe arrangement is asking for trouble but its been like that for years I presume without probem. I have taken the dead leg off as a start and will put an end cap in there. Doing much more will be tricky as you can see from the limited access shown in the photos.
Any thoughts?

soil_pipe_explanantion.jpgCaptureA.91.jpgCaptureE.1.jpgIMG_20201106_124107.jpgIMG_20201106_124012.jpg

agree the soil doesnt look the best route but if its working :D

i would use a 2" pipe and combine the both eg basin and shower waste and use an anti vac trap on the basin would simplify your runs eg 11/2 straight from the shower to the basin run etc

agree the soil doesnt look the best route but if its working :D

i would use a 2" pipe and combine the both eg basin and shower waste and use an anti vac trap on the basin would simplify your runs eg 11/2 straight from the shower to the basin run etc
Thanks. Leaving it would be the preferred option if its not too crazy.
I like the idea of combining the wastes but i went to a lot of trouble replacing the joists and I'd be gutted to notch or drill holes in them.

Thanks. Leaving it would be the preferred option if its not too crazy.
I like the idea of combining the wastes but i went to a lot of trouble replacing the joists and I'd be gutted to notch or drill holes in them.

run them below and through the wall ?

Reply to bathroom soil and waste pipe uncertainty in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the property or an AAV in the loft. It's a terraced house, so thought maybe it shares the neighbours vent stack? It look like all the waste pipes go down...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock