Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom refurb in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. I've just started to do some ground work for a full bathroom refurb in my house. I'm looking at replacing the current laminate flooring with a tiled floor. Looking under the floor I've found that the area under my bathroom seems to be from where all other pipes branch from. All the fitting are push fit and have been there for 20 years,

Would it be OK to just refit new fitting an inserts and leave the pipes where they are or should I attempt to reroute them so there are no joint under the future tiles floor.?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
re pipe as if you get a leak at any time is tiles up!!!!!! may never happen BUT!!!
do it now save heart ache later.

Reply to Bathroom refurb in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping into the ground at the end of the kitchen (about 4.5m out). The existing vent riser comes off outside the bathroom and rises through the roof on the...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock