Discuss Bathroom fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe brown

A friend of mine at college managed to get a plumbers mate job. He said that during the week they fitted a bathroom. He said they ripped a bathroom out and installed a new suite. They left the floor because the owner wanted a wet room type floor. They did however tile around the bath and sink about 2ft high. He said the customer supplied the materials and suite and they qouted and recieved £2000 for the job.

Is this the going rate as i thought it would be much less than this. I was thinking more of £300. He also said it would take 3-4 days and i was thinking more of a day 2 at the most. The fit was done in manchester.

yes course it is ,did,nt you know,we all earn at least 100 grand a year.use your head wwhat do think,hes winding you up

The missus/friends etc have somtimes told me storys of thier friends who had bathrooms etc fitted and paid £huge amounts for it, Ive never met any of these "willing to pay massive amounts customers", ive tried to be cheeky with my pricing in the past, I didnt get any work.

Hi Joe. It aint the norm. There are occasions (rare) when a punter rings up on a Monday morning and wants a job started and finished by Wednesday. You say no way, he says i will pay you £X if you do it. But punters like this are short lived. They miss manage time and money and are high risk. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back