Discuss Bath panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the best tool for cutting bath panels had a job on yesterday took me 3 hours to cut and fit front and end panels was tricky though

but i find if i batten up behind the panel pretty good - use arcitrave (sp) upside down on the floo
Thanks, Moony, I'm half way through a re-fit and have been trying to think of a way to fit the panel bottom lip without some outrageously complex rebating of timber. If I set it out right it should nip in nice and tightly.
Cheers,
TerryH

but i find if i batten up behind the panel pretty good - use arcitrave (sp) upside down on the floo
Thanks, Moony, I'm half way through a re-fit and have been trying to think of a way to fit the panel bottom lip without some outrageously complex rebating of timber. If I set it out right it should nip in nice and tightly.
Cheers,
TerryH

The problem is even the stuff out of the merchant's is rubbish. Baths in general are rubbish as are the feet and the brackets. If you have to buy panels then they are expensive for what they are. I use the wetwall sheet because you can easily cut & scribe to the floor easily even if it's off the level, a batten frame gives the bath desperately needed support, it is easily removed with mirror screws and the finish is outstanding. You can easily include it in your quote unless you do cheap jobs then we have to struggle with the crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back